Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ubuntu Ubuntu

I have just changed the OS on my Classmate PC from Windows Xp professional to Ubuntu Netbook 10.10. I  have also been thinking of of the GNU/Linux Os philosophy especially that of Ubuntu where all applications and software are free. Though I still like the windows OS but I love to be a linux geek too.
Moreover , Ubuntu is an African concept with the definition of of many African language and concepts. The one I love most is that of the  Archbishop Desmond Tutu which goes thus:

"A person with Ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed". PS: Find the full details HERE.
So you see Ubuntu is a one man or the open source pragmatic programmers. It is our business and I bet you will like it if you try it, even if you are not a linux freak.

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger